Home » Zambia Building Permanent Embassy In Ethiopia
Africa Global News News Politics

Zambia Building Permanent Embassy In Ethiopia

(ZANIS) Chief Government Spokesperson Cornelius Mweetwa is impressed with the speed at which the construction of the permanent office block for the Zambian Mission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is moving.

Mr. Mweetwa has however regretted that Zambia is still renting offices for its mission in Addis Ababa 59 years after independence.

He says renting of office blocks in foreign land is not economically sustainable.

Speaking when he inspected the project, Mr. Mweetwa, who is also Information and Media Minister, said having a permanent structure owned by the Zambian government will mitigate the costs and reduce challenges.

And Charge D’ Affaires at the Zambian Embassy in Ethiopia, Trevor Sichombo told the Minister that the mission faces a lot of Challenges especially when scouting for conference facilities to hold bilateral and multilateral discussions.

Meanwhile, Project Manager Mulugeta Alemu said the project is already at 80 percent and the remaining 20 percent will be done in the next four to five months.

Source: ZNBC